Translate

Sunday 15 July 2012

My Lillies-MCS LE Kit

I took this picture of my gd Lilly by my pond posing with the flowers she was named after. I had the honor of picking her name :) The Girl Land papers from Websters in the MCS LE Kit were a perfect match for the variety of colors! I put alot of time into this layout trying different things like stamping and masking.
I used a Prima masked and painted the gate with antique white paint then added Pink Paislee sparkles to the paint before it dried. It is hard to see the sparkle especially given the bright light I took these shots in.
I really wanted to put the personal touch to the page so I made most of the flowers myself and added a Websters bloom. Again I added sparkles to the flowers (hard to see).
I used a Websters Cameo backed by the Cameo Ribbon Slider from Dusty Attic leaving it plain ( it worked  perfectly). The leaves are also a new product from DA as well! Of course the bling is also Websters Girl Land!
I used a stamp from my stash of a Calla Lilly (my favourite) and stamed several blooms onto the Websters paper. I then did alot of fussy cutting and detailing with a black marker to make a flower border for the one side of the layout!
The last little touch was adding a ticket (not Girl Land line) and some whimsies to finish off the page. It is my goal to add more mixed media to my layouts for fun and contrast and am always looking for new ideas. Well I'm off to enjoy the rest of this gorgeous very hot Sunday! and TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment