Translate

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Turning 6- My Creative Sketches

This is the sketch over at My Creative Sketches this month and here is my interpretation of it

This is my grandaughter Lilly at her sixth Birthday party. Quite the Belle of the ball :)! She wanted a Barbie Monster High themed party hence the black balloons. When I saw these pics I knew right off which paper I would use Life's Portrait from Websters. It's one of the older lines but I so love the colors of it. I had a hard time working with it at the time but when I got these pics it just started to flow.
This quote from Kaisercraft was so appropriate I couldn't help myself. A little girl should be TWO things classy and fabulous! She is quite the fashionista for a six year old, of course her aunties and grandma had a hand in this! Being fabulous is a given she is an amazing, talented and smart girl.
I liked that I still had the life's portrait saying left in the papers I had not yet used. It fit perfectly, the pictures are a snapshot of life in action. I used the new Dusty Attic Floral Corners for this layout and got the idea of filling in the petals with stickles from Gabrielle Pollaco. I cut the chipboard into sections and then painted them all white. I then used my Tim Holtz distress pads and matching markers to lightly highlight the leaves and stems.
I wanted to have balloons on the layout because they play such a big role in the pictures, they somewhat frame Lilly, so I cut some out with my cameo. I  went over them with a liquid shimmer then used a flower as an anchor. I stamped two sides of the page to help hide the fact that I inked over the flower pattern along the left side of the page.
For two of the blooms I used a teal color stickles and for the other two I used a honey colored stickles and a yellow. I also used up some of the whimsys I had left in my stash. Here you can see the cute little heart. Websters sure does know how to create embellishments that compliment their paper!
Another close-up of the Dusty Attic as well as some flowers from Petaloo, a bird and heart whimsy from Websters and a button from the Tim Holtz collection. The Alphas are from the Websters kit.
The last close-up showing the other side of the page with another balloon bouquet to balance the page. I really enjoyed doing this page and it actually came together quite fast as compared to my usual tormenting days! Well I hope you enjoyed and I am off to start my next project and move more stuff out of my room to try and get this reno started! My husband tries to tell me I can't scrap while the reno is underway and I tell him he's lost his mind. We better find a compromise! Thanks for coming by and looking, be well!


1 comment: