Translate

Tuesday 12 March 2013

You & Me ScrapThat Designer Challenge-Quotes

This is my oldest grandaughter Lilly and I at her 6th Birthday Party. I have always said that the day she was born this little angel brought me out of a cloud of darkness that I had gotten lost in.  This is why I chose the quote from Dostoevsky "The soul is healed by being with children". Since then we have become dopplegangers doing and loving all the same things. We garden together, we scrap together, we hangout and I love every precious moment I have with her! I used My Creative Scrapbook main Kit for February for this layout.
I wanted to do something different so I used alot of Dusty Attic on this one. The tall birds are Birds in a field-DA0749, I also used Grass Border DA0659 and Branches and Berries DA0729. I painted all the Dusty with a light white paint first dried with my heat gun then inked them with my Tim Holtz's markers. I find that it's easier to get in between the tight spots with a paint brush so I used the markers ( I spray water on my craft sheet and then use my marker and doodle a patch of color onto the sheet as well. Then I use my water brush to apply the ink! This allows me to lighten or darken the color). The pieces are also a little fragile so the markers made sense overall. I didn't want the page too overloaded with pinks so I made the birds a blueish-grey.  

Just a few close-ups!
Of course the quote! I believe this wholeheartedly I always feel so much better after spending time with my grandchildren. Tired and wiped out yes but oh so happy! Well have another layout that needs to be done so I am off have a great day and don't look outside! Think happy thoughts! Spring is on the way! TFL! Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment