Translate

Sunday 21 April 2013

Moving in the Funriture

 One of the most important things to me about my new space was that I have two work stations. One for my computer and to continue with household bills, correspondence as well as picture printing and paper cutting. The other space of course was to scrap. So I bought two desks from Ikea with their corresponding under shelving units and made an L shape. My room is relatively small 9 by 11 and I had to think this out really well to make it work for me. I must have walked around with Creating Keepsakes' "Creative Spaces" magazine for months as well as scouring the web for other scraprooms for comparison.
Next up was paper storage. I am a paper hoarder I admit and proud of it. I believe you can never have enough! I already had three towers in my room that I had bought at Home Depot. They were actually closet organizers so I bought the towers then bought extra pieces of melamie board and had the store cut additional shelves to fill up the tower. It looks something like this..
Starting with tower one
Even with the five towers I had to keep my stackable tupperware containers to hold all my Basic Grey paper that I had collected over the years. (not shown here) This is hubby with one of our dogs flash. Taking a moment after putting it all together.
This is my slate wall that I bought at Home Depot for al my embellishments. My husband constantly argued with me about the fact that I didn't even know what I had in stock because I couldn't see it so this was his idea and I have to admit I love it!!
Even with all the new storage I still need this bin on wheels to keep extra punches, paints, chipboard embellishments and stamps. What I love is that the room now has hardwood floors and everything is on wheels so I can just swing it around use what I need then just roll it back. I bought a floor protector to put under my chair which also helps me move around the space easier.
Me at the end of the day realizing that now I had to move everything back into the room and just the thought exhausted me! :) Stay tuned for final reveal of the room with everything in it! TFL! Be well!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment