Translate

Tuesday 23 April 2013

save the date -ScrapThat Sketch Challenge

This is the April Sketch at Scrap That done by Amarylis Doria]
and this is my interpretation
I am doing an engagement album for my daughter's best friend as a wedding gift from my daughter! Get that? I make the gift my daughter gets to give it :) This came about after Kelly the lovely lady in the picture saw my work on fb and said how much she would love an album so busy busy. I am a little tired of doilies lately so I used a stencil and some gesso and painted a patterned "doily" of my own design as the background. This is the April kit Within Nature using GCD papers.
For my purposes the Alphas in the kit were off just a bit so I decided to sand off the top of each letter with some find sandpaper and then inked the bare area with Tim Holtz's Weathered Wood ink pad. Once the ink dried I simply went over it all with stickles. Now the alphas match perfectly!
Just a closeup of my little flower bundle. The big once is Petaloo and the pink and silverish one are Prima as is the watch trinket. The brad is Bo Bunny.
I just used a few small pieces from Dusty Attic to bring out the page more. Grass Clusters DA0660. The Birdhouse is of course a Prima Resin. And one last closeup of another piece of DA I used.
Well that's it for today. I am totally wiped from cleaning out the garden and the pond these past two days and have some catching up with to do with my scrapping so I will TTYL! Be Well!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment