Translate

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Smile-MCS May Main Kit

 It's been a rough patch. I suffered a scrapping setback that made me question my abilities as a scrapbooker. My self-esteem plummted and I was lost in my room for days. Then I reassessed  the big picture. The world is full of amazingly talented scrapbookers and I am but one small fish in a big sea. I needed to go back to why I started scrapping in the first place. I enjoyed spending time with the memories each picture evoked. I enjoyed picking the paper and embellishments and I realized that I needed to go back there. Being on a disability can make scrapping hard because you see all the wonderful new things coming out and you want them all and yet you can't have them. Money only stretches so far. I hope to one day be on a design team both for my ability and because it would allow me to continue without feeling guilty about the cost. But for now I am going to enjoy the benefits of what I do have and I do have alot. So on that note I decided to step back from the challenges and just do my own thing which includes catching up on things that have been put to the side for far too long. With that I took out a kit from MCS I believe from May of this year and did this page of my second grandchild Emily whose smile lights up my life!
The cropping is a bit off because it actually started to rain when I was shooting this sorry about that. Meet Emily a precocious four year old pixie whose smile can light up a room, who has the sweetest voice and at times can be a little devil in disguise :) This is the May Main Kit from MCS (looked it up!)
These papers worked perfectly and the sticker sheet had this cute title that matched the polka dots on Emily's bathing suit.

I stamped out the Sumer time and used my watercolor pencils to fill it in. I did a bit of inking on the background using a Prima mask and stamping using a Prima stamp. I actually stamped then cut it out to make it stand out more. I used Liquid Pearls to add buds in the middle of the flowers.
I found these polka dot flowers in my stash! The butterflys were cut out of the paper from the kit with some Basic Grey embellies.

This quote from Kaisercraft rubons was perfect for this page- "Her smile beams like sunshine, which fills our hearts with LOVE."  Taking my time with things and moving on to my next project which ironically is a Christmas project lol an advent calendar I bought a year ago. Like I said time to catch up! Have a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Such a soft pretty page!! Looooove the photo and that you added the quote directly to the photo!! Thanks for playing along at My Creative Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi! My entry is the one below this one for the sketch contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment on {scrapbook.com}.
    Your layouts are elegant and stylish!

    ReplyDelete