Translate

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Young Love: Kisses for Keaton

Another Kisses for Keaton layout called Young Love. I absolutely love this picture of Kiki with her older sister Mika, sharing a hug during a day in the park. I used Maja Design's gorgeous Vintage Autumn collection. Maja Design is the biggest sponsor of Kisses for Keaton and I am so grateful! Their papers are so gorgeous and wonderful to work with.
I love the graphics in this line most especially the air balloons! You can see the Dusty Attic frame here with the little butterfly on it. I cut the butterflies out of the paper May 6 from the Vintage Spring line (very popular paper among scrappers!). I primed the DA piece with Gesso and then went over it with metallic gold paint. Also used some moulding paste and the Prima damask mask for a little texture in the corners.
Homemade flowers mixed with some flowers from Prima & Petaloo surround a clock I fussy cut out of one of the papers from Vintage Autumn and then framed it with a metal clock frame from Prima. The little heart is from Pink Paislee and I inked it with Victorian Velvet ink from the Tim Holtz collection.
I used the same ink here to try and bring out the small border of floral paper along the frame. I used letters from Websters pages and traced them onto dark blue cardstock for the title. Hand stitched around the layout, wow is this paper thick! My poor fingers!
 Last close-up of the flower cluster at the top of the layout. Again I fussy cut out a clock but framed this one with a chipboard cog. I can't say enough how much I love these papers! I'm hitting up my girls for the Vintage Frost collection for my Birthday in December!
 
Well we are still waiting for our little baby boy to make his arrival. He is now officially five days overdue and his poor mom is so pooped out. I'm hoping we have him here before the weekend. Today's ultrasound says he is already 8lbs! I can't wait to meet my first grandson!
Lots to do with Christmas fast approaching. I dread the Christmas cleaning (all the carpets in the house get steam cleaned) ugh. On the brighter side there is the shopping and choosing the cookies for this years tins! A tradition of mine! Every year I make each family member a big tin of cookies and truffles. Everything is homemade and there are usually five or six different kinds of cookies plus truffles and fudge! That doesn't include the two or three sheets of chocolate shortbread I make that disappear every single year before they even hit the tins lol!
 
Take care and see you soon! All the best :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment