Translate

Friday 25 September 2015

Our Story- Blue Fern Studios September Sketch Challenge

This past summer we had a mini-photo shoot session with a professional photographer. The pictures came out amazing and of course all my girls want their photos scrapped! This is my youngest daughter Jessie with my grandson Jaxon. I turned to Blue Fern Studios' Frolic Collection to scrap this photo and you can see the colors are a perfect match! 
I also used Blue Fern's September sketch as a guide for my layout.
I did some masking in the top left corner. It was the perfect opportunity to use my new stencil from Gabrielle Pollacco called Mini Moving Vines. I used some Olive Branch Spritz from Shimmerz to color the moulding paste.
I used Floral Lattice Bits from Blue Fern to back my photo. I used two different embossing powders to add a more textured look to the chipboard. I also did some masking on the left side of the page. All that day dragonflies were following Jessie around so I used my new stencil from Dusty Attic and some Ferro Modelling Cream in lightblue to add dragonflies to my background.
 I used my new stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations in Arianna Blooms to make this flower. I used Prima watercolor pencils to color it. I think learning how to use these pencils well is going to be an ongoing process for me lol!
Another homemade bloom. I made several of these and scattered them around my page. I also did a bit of stamping as well.
The last close-up is of my flower spray. A combination of Prima and my flowers. I also did a bit more masking behind the flowers with Dusty Attic's new Brick Wall Stencil and again colored the moulding paste with Chocolate Brownie Coloringz from Shimmerz. I used one of the quotes from the Blue Fern paper as my title.

That's it for me today. I hope you enjoyed! Have a great weekend! All the best! :)

3 comments:

  1. So beautifully done! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Pam! We have awesome news for you on the Blue Fern Studios blog today. Be sure to stop by. Thanks for participating in our sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely and beautiful, romantic layout! Gorgeous! Thank you for commenting onmy blog! I've become a follower too!

    ReplyDelete