Translate

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Butterfly Kisses

It's time for another sketch challenge over at Blue Fern Studios. Here is my entry. 
 
 I took this photo of my youngest daughter with my grandson at my oldest granddaughter's Birthday party. These two have such an amazing bond  you can feel the love from the photo.
This is the lovely sketch I had to work with. I used the Blush line of papers for this layout.
Not going to lie I messed up the title. Once I primered it with gesso I colored it with a mist that was just off in color. To hide the mistake I thought I would heat emboss some darker pink over it. Big mistake!! I ended up scrapping off what I could and applied gesso again. By this time the piece was lumpy :( I ended up using Ranger liquid pearls to cover the whole piece. It doesn't look to bad now but when you photograph it, it sure does shimmer.
One of the many things I love about Blue Fern papers are the graphics on almost every page! I love fussy cutting I find it relaxing! I know weird right? I like to use the fussy cut pieces as embellishments. 
Here you can see the gorgeous piece of chipboard also from Blue Fern Studios called Bordeaux Layered Frame.  By the way the papers and frame came in this month's gorgeous Limited Edition Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.
I primed the piece with gesso then misted it with some Shimmerz. After that dried I heat  embossed some Ranger embossing powder on in Enchanted Gold. At the top I added some microbeads in butter for some extra interest.
I did some mixed media work on the page. Some masking, misting, stamping and heat embossing. I also used a stencil and added some more microbeads in blush. It livens things up a bit! Flowers are from Petaloo and Prima.
Another closeup!
You can see some of the heat embossing done here.
And this is the wonderful kit I used. I have to more in the pipe so to speak and will be posting them soon! I hope you enjoyed! In the meantime happy scrapping! All the best! :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page, design and colors. And, an adorable photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is lovely! I love how you have used the Blush paper collection and the beautiful chipboard pieces. I also find fussy cutting to be relaxing. Thanks so much for joining us at Blue Fern Studios this month for our sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete