Translate

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Fun in the Sun

 This month's challenge at More Than Words was a lot of fun! It involved a "recipe" so to speak. You had the choice of either scrapping about your favourite recipe or follow an ingredient recipe for elements on your page. I chose the later ant this is what I came up with!
 I used the absolutely gorgeous Seaside Cottage papers from Blue Fern Studios. Like everyone else I am totally in love with this line and can see myself buying a few more sets of the papers and chippies!! 
This is the recipe we had to work with. The Delight aspect of the challenge is seen in my granddaughter's face as she plays in the water at the beach by our home.
Some of the recipe elements included a spray of mist, a flair or button, tags etc. . . I included them all! I used this gorgeous chippie also from Blue Fern studios. I initially primed it with gesso then painted the different elements with watercolors to give it a base. I sometimes find that embossing powder doesn't always stick in certain spots and by adding the watercolor I make sure the white of the gesso doesn't show thru! But once I added the embossing powder I felt the chippie was too bold in color so I white washed it with gesso to tone it down. 
 I used a stencil from Dusty Attic for my background and lightly misted with a blue, yellow and pink spray. Some of the other elements of the recipe (diecut, flair, tag) are seen here. 
I added a little stamping and went over the stencil areas with a marker to give the layout more depth and texture. I love this photo of my granddaughter enjoying the beach this summer. She keeps asking me if she can return for the entire summer next year!! I guess it's fun to have a grandma who lives in a tourist town!

We have some awesome prizes for you this month!! 
All our prizes include free international postage!


MAIN CHALLENGE WINNER

a $50 USD prize package from 7 DOTS STUDIO
(image below is for illustration purposes only)

Here is more information about our 1st place sponsor this month:
"7 Dots Studio is a European manufacture specializing in scrapbooking collections, owned by Tusia Lech whose passion for paper crafts knows no bounds. Tusia's dream is to support and inspire her fellow scrapbookers' creativity and 7 Dots Studio achieves that perfectly. Our paper collections as well as our stickers, stamps, chipboard and stencils are designed by renowned and very talented artists and inspire people around the world to create beautiful projects of all kinds."


Next, 4 runners up will be each awarded a prize, as follows:

1st RUNNER UP

a $25 USD prize package from STUDIO 75


2nd RUNNER UP

a $25 USD store credit from THE DUSTY ATTIC


3rd RUNNER UP

a $25 USD prize package from COLOUR BLAST
(as shown below)


4th RUNNER UP

a $25 USD prize package from COUTURE CREATIONS



In addition, we will draw one random winner from all eligible entries.

RANDOM WINNER

a $25 USD gift certificate from THE SCRAPBOOK DIARIES


Each month, we hand pick a winner who has not made it into our Top 5, but who has captured our attention someway, somehow. We might pick a project due to its original use of a certain product, the cleverest title, most beautiful photo, etc. Who knows what we will be looking for?! We call this our...

MYSTERY WINNER

$25 USD prize package from FABRIKA DECORU


And lastly, we will randomly award a prize to one lucky blog follower who has commented on any of our September blog posts.

LUCKY COMMENTER

a $25 USD prize package from GRAPHIC 45
(as shown below)

Head on over to our blog and enter your submission!! I can't wait to see what you create!! 
All the best! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment