Translate

Sunday 11 June 2017

Guest Consumer Designer-My Creative Scrapbook

 I was so thrilled this month to be asked by Pam Rangel owner of  My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club to be a guest designer this month. I have been a customer of MCS since 2007! I had just been introduced to scrapping and was going through the Scrapbook.com galleries when I came across the gallery of Gabrielle Pollaco. I was immediately enamoured of her work and the kits she used. I was immediately hooked and the rest as they say is history! So without further ado I give you my first layout for MCS called Dreamer.
The kit was filled with beautiful goodies including this gorgeous Kaisercraft paper called Tea Time.

This is the Limited Edition Kit which is my fav. You can see that the kit is filled with gorgeous papers, embellishments, ribbons, chippies, resins you name it! Everything you need to do several pages! Now for some close-ups. . .
  Beautiful Prima flowers were bountiful in this kit! I used a few things from my own stash like the art stones, the fern stamp and the Lindy's mists. I used the wire from the flowers and curled them around a paint brush to achieve an extra embellishment.
 Some drywall tape, stamping and misting for added texture.
 The photo was taken by Holly Evans  from Evans Essence Photography a talented photographer friend of my  daughter's.
 I did a great deal of fussy cutting with this kit! The blooms were too perfect not to. This background page is from the Vintage Artistry line from 49 & Market.
 I heat embossed the title on from a stamp set I just got from Visible Image.
 A little decorative splash to balance the right side of the page.
 I misted my art stones to match my page.  
A close-up of that adorable face. It was actually quite fun trying to confine my page to the contents of the kit. It forced me to be more creative. Using things I don't usually use like ribbons for a bow, the flower stems etc. . 
This is layout one of three that I did for MCS. Unfortunately I became quite ill when my spotlight came. Racked with double pneumonia made it more difficult and yet at the same time provided me with such a positive distraction from my illness which I am still fighting.
I will be posting layout number 2 soon so keep an eye out!

All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment