Translate

Thursday 1 June 2017

love June Challenge More Than Words

This month we have a truly fun and funky challenge up on More Than Words Challenge Blog! It's a Steampunk challenge board perfect for Father's day this month. I chose to scrap this photo of my brand new grandson Hudson snuggling with daddy the day of his birth.
This is the board you must work with this month.
Please remember to read the rules of the challenge carefully. We have seen some amazing projects disqualified because they didn't meet the criteria or had forgotten to link to our blog so take your time!! Now for some close ups.
I framed the photo with a chippie from Creative Embellishments. I then added a variety of metal embellishments, blooms, drywall tape well the list goes on!!! I then primed everything with gesso then colored the page using Finnibar's metallic paints and Lindy's  Stamp Gang Mists. 
 There is a method to my madness. I have included the date and time of Hudson's birth on the page. 2017 is obviously the year!
 5 is the day he was born.
 4 is the month. April 5th, 2017 brought me an angel from heaven!
 This embellishment from Prima was the perfect way to display the title, love :)
 I used the new papers from 7 Dots Hazy Days line as well as this stencil! I love their new lines!
Here you can see that the clock is set at 6:30 the time of Hudson's birth. 

I had so much fun doing this layout!! It was like being a little kid again and just letting lose with my crafts. I hope you have as much fun with this challenge as I did. Each month we have some amazing prizes to give away so don't miss out give it a try! 

Writing this post has taken more than you know out of me. I have been sick with double pneumonia for weeks and am struggling to regain my strength so I shall end my post here.l I hope you enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing you again this month with a surprise!! I am so excited!!

All the best! :)

2 comments:

  1. Pamela, this layout is so gorgeous! Your photo is so beautiful...love that look of thoughtful, awed, peaceful expression on his face! I love that scrapping makes you feel like a kid again! I get that, too, and it's so stress-relieving! Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much love in this layout...just beautiful!
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment...hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete