Translate

Saturday 2 December 2017

Party of 5

 As this year comes close to an end, the holidays fast approaching what better time to celebrate the blessings of having a family. December's challenge board is all about family and numbers and this is my creative take on it.
Our challenge board.
One of my favorite photos ever! My beautiful grandchildren and I. From the left Isla Skye, Jaxon James, me, Lilly Katelyn and Emily Monika. I felt this photo was the perfect fit to celebrating family. There is a saying," We think we know love until we have grandchildren.
I used one of Prima's older lines Garden Fables to do this layout as it was a perfect match! I used matching blooms from the line to embellish this page. I also used their chipboard (just love the colorful houses bright and cheerful! Perfect place for a family to live!)
I used this beautiful chippie from Blue Fern Studios and colored it with a variety of embossing powders, again trying to match the colors of the photo and the papers.
I stenciled my background with the lace stencil from Tim Holtz and some molding paste from Dusty Attic. I love the smoothness of their paste! I misted it lightly with Salt Water Taffy from Lindy's Stamp gang trying not to drown out the photo. I then went over the raised elements of the stencil work with some Shimmery Goodness from TCW. After that I did some stamping and added some pretty pink Prills. 
My title was done with American Crafts DIY Thickers which I misted with Sea Mint Green also from Lindy's. I thought the title "Party of 5" was a cute take on the challenge of using numbers. It also reminded me of the old T.V. series Party of Five a show all about family! 
I hope you like the project,I know I loved finally scrapping this photo!
We'll see you soon!
All the best! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, luscious inspiration...and what a gorgeous pic! Love it...hugs xxx Simona

    ReplyDelete